City of Decatur City Manager's Office
Ryan P. McCrady was appointed the Decatur City Manager on October 30, 2008, marking the next step in a career spanning almost 21 years in local public service and private finance. The City Manager reports to an elected Mayor and 6 Council Members.
As City Manager, Mr. McCrady is responsible for the delivery of public services from a city government with a budget of $130 million made up of eight different divisions consisting of Economic & Urban Development, Police, Fire, Water Management, Financial Management, Legal, Management Services and Engineering.
Some of Mr. McCrady’s major accomplishments and projects for the City of Decatur are:
- Redevelopment of Downtown Decatur and its infrastructure
- Lakefront redevelopment in Nelson Park in conjunction with the Decatur Park District
- Increasing and preserving the City’s water supply
- Numerous improvements to the City’s sewer and water infrastructure
- Implementation of a new, lower cost, residential garbage program
- Implementation of a single-stream residential recycling program
- Implementation of City Administrative Court to improve the condition of buildings and housing stock in the community
- Realignment of fiscal resources to gain an improved bond rating for the City
Mr. McCrady said, “These accomplishments are not mine alone. They are the result of the Mayor, City Council, City staff, and community members setting a clear mission and goal for improving our City and making it sustainable for future generations.”
Mr. McCrady resides in Decatur with his wife Jenna and three children, Alex, Alison and Clifton. Outside of his professional duties, he enjoys spending time outdoors with his family, coaching youth sports, and serving on numerous community boards and committees. He and his family are members of the Decatur First Church of the Nazarene where Mr. McCrady serves as a member of the Board of Directors. He holds a B.S. in Finance, with Honors, from Illinois State University.