Decatur is ready to take the next step toward providing a Reliable Water System.
Starting in February, the City of Decatur will be replacing or upgrading all residential and commercial water meters with Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) units.
- Why are we doing this?
Looking toward the City's future, our goal is to:
- Bring Decatur to current industry standards in water meters.
- Eliminate the need to access customers' properties each month.
- Provide the ability to find water leaks sooner and save customers money.
- Replace and upgrade a large number of old water meters in a short amount of time.
- How will this benefit Decatur?
Using the Energy and Water Efficiency Services Program, we will be paying to replace or update 31,394 water meters in Decatur. After this program, Decatur will save $23,773,457, and reduce the City operating expenses by $6,636,065. The best news is that this is at no cost to you, the customer!
- What do the Decatur residents need to know about this change?
We are striving to make this process as convenient for Decatur residents as possible. There will be certain requests asked of customers to help this process proceed smoothly.
- To replace your meter, a representative of Corix Utilities will need to come into your house.
- Over the next 12 to 16 months, when you get a letter from the City informing you that Corix service personnel will soon be in your neighborhood, call Corix Utilities at 1-855-734-9618 as soon as possible to schedule an appointment. Representatives are available from 6 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday and from 6 a.m. -5 p.m. on Saturday.
- For most customers, the whole process should only take 30 to 45 minutes, and it will cost you nothing.*
- You will be notified within a 30-day window as to when Corix will be in your area to replace or upgrade your meter.
- About Corix Utilities
Corix has been hired to replace and upgrade water meters in Decatur. They work in communities across the U.S. to provide sustainable and cost-effective water infrastructure solutions. They are an important part of the team that's helping us create a more Reliable Water System for Decatur. If you see the Corix logo, you'll know they're here to service your water meter. Learn more about Corix at www.corix.com.